And, on that note of my momentary lapse in my cleansing regimen aka things you didn't want to know about me, I'm sharing more. Yep! A whole list of things I'm hiding from the world, in fear of their subsequent mocking and judgement. And, since we're besties, you and I, I'm confident there will be no jeering at my buffoonery*.
1. I've been to Forks. And had my picture taken in front of Bella Swan's house. And the police station.
2. I liked to pet saguaros when I was growing up.
3. The last time I changed the oil in my truck was just before Katie was born. She turns four next week.
4. I hide organic toaster pastries (read Pop-Tarts) and eat them like the Cookie Monster after the girls are in bed.
5. Jon doesn't know where I hide the Pop-Tarts. And if he knows what's good for him, he won't go looking either. (insert menacing Don't-Touch-My-Coffee-Or-Secret-Pop-Tarts-Glare here) Seriously. I know where you sleep.
6. I joined Fly Lady. Then one night while I was shining my sink I realized it had turned me into Petunia Dursley.
7. The only movies I've seen in four years have been either about teenage vampire angst or adventuring teenage wizards.
8. I had my Sunday school kids turn a Bible verse into a Mad-Lib:
In addition to all this, lift up the shield of faith, with which Bobby can fart all the holy cats of the green one.Ephesians 6:16.
And while the class and I rolled on the floor in a fit of uncontrollable tittering I dubbed that morning as the BEST SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON EVER!
9. I daydream about my old lavender bicycle with the white walled tires and six inches of padding on it's extra wide seat during each and every bike ride during triathlon season.
10. I started a blog and in a week full of stress and double ended projectile fluids, I wrote this list.
One million, billion, cajillion, wazzooillion points, a box of mac and cheese and the realization that you are the most awesome bestie EVER to the first person to correctly guess which of my deep dark secrets I am the most ashamed to have flung up on the megatron that is the internet. No bonus points for original submissions.
*I wanted to say "there will be no jeering at my siamangery" but apparently Miriam-Webster.com doesn't recognize siamangery as a word. Batty, right!?! That's why I think their site is run by a bunch of benighted zoological iguanoramooses. (This is the height of my animal related humor.)