should have tipped me off that there was something else going on, but since I don't read html, I clicked on it and saw this:
Which I immediately thought had some fantasy/Lord of the Rings theme thing going on, but, even though I have actually read the whole Fellowship of the Ring books and I should be like an expert now, especially since I've even seen all the movies IN A MOVIE THEATER (yes, I was married at the time), I was wrong. (Did you just say "Duh"?) Apparently it's like those emails that people used to send around where you were supposed to answer questions about yourself or something. True story: I got one of those in college (Oh yeah.... I had an email account, thanks to one of my overly technologically optimistic friends. Although, at the time, I didn't understand how I was supposed to access it using my typewriter.) but I couldn't figure out how to type in my answers so, instead, I copied all the questions down, and answered them one by one on small pieces of paper, and handed them to the friend who sent me the email in the first place. Because if I didn't answer the email, that would be rude, obviously. Anyway, the whole point of this huge flowery number three is to tell you all three things about myself and then pass the gigantic three on to three other bloggers. So, here goes! (And you thought I was just going to ramble with run-on sentences for the whole time!)
1. I've danced with Elvis on the streets of Portland.
2. My hat fell off in a triathlon once, and this is what happened:
Yeah. I'm cool like that.
3. I once went by the nick-name Hot Rod Martha. The story involves an incredibly cute five year old (smiles, waves, points to self), a full sized three wheeler ATC, a vacant lot, and the inability to listen to instructions past, "This lever is the gas. You push it and it makes the three-HEY COME BACK HERE!"
Related: I crashed three different three wheelers by the age of ten. Without wearing a helmet.
And, because each of these people think these are the coolest slippers of ALL TIME**!
I'm linking to them. And passing along that jumbo sized 3, because I don't share my slippers with anyone, no matter how adorab-ELLLLIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!
1. Musings from the Hamster Wheel : I ran a lot in college. Breezey never ran in college. Breezey majored in French in college. I never spoke a word of French in college. We were roommates in college, and now Breezey runs. She runs half marathons. And she's awesome! You see where I'm going here? Yep. I should be posting in fluent French by next Tuesday.
2. Post Punk Kitchen : Each time I've seriously decided to make the switch from milk swilling, ice cream licking vegetarian to unsweetened soy milk swilling, Tofutti Cutie noshing vegan, I've gotten pregnant. More than likely these are mutually exclusive actions. Probably. Well, hopefully. Because, Isa's Eggplant Bacon sounds AMAZING!
3. About 100% : Andrea is a mom, she blogs and she says things like, "Get your own water," and, "Blogging is my excuse to be busy at something other than cleaning urine off of floors and walls around toilets in my house," and, "My ultimate goal is for you to say (after reading my blog) 'at least I'm not as pathetic as she is,'" and, "I've been known to exaggerate." It's like she's my more grammatically correct, non run on sentence writing, non incomplete sentence using, didn't even have to look up how to spell the word 'exaggerate' on Google, smarter twin! (Or, not, if, you know, my exuberant weirdness has freaked you out, Andrea. Again. You know, like that time I asked you if you too wanted to be re-incarnated as Laura Ingalls Wilder, even though it's completely impossible? Yeah. Like that.)